Happy National Soup Month! It's time to celebrate one of the most comforting and nourishing dishes out there, and what better way to do it than by trying a healthy soup recipe that's sure to become a new favorite?
Soup is a great option for busy women, as it's easy to make, versatile, and can be customized to suit your preferences and dietary needs. Whether you're looking for a light and refreshing broth or a hearty and satisfying stew, there's a soup for every taste and occasion.
This month, why not give this vegan tomato soup a try? It's packed with antioxidants and nutrients, and it's sure to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. Plus, it's super easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces each)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, vegetable broth, salt, black pepper, paprika, oregano, basil, and thyme. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth. Or, transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth, then return it to the pot.
- Stir in the fresh basil and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with additional basil if desired.
This tomato soup is the perfect comfort food for cold winter days, and it's a great way to get in your daily servings of vegetables. You can serve it with a side of crusty bread or a simple green salad for a complete meal.
So why not give this recipe a try and celebrate National Soup Month in style? Soup is a great option for busy women, and it's a delicious way to nourish your body and soul.